Security & Privacy
- SCOPE This Policy applies to betBonanza Customers and Agents who we would receive, send, collect, access or process their Personal Data in any way, including processing wholly or partly by automated means. This Policy also applies to third party Data Processors who process Personal Data received from betBonanza.
- Registration Details.
We may collect and store all and any information you provide to us when you register and open an account with us, including but not limited to, the information you provide betBonanza for verifying your identity, any information you might update or change later after registration, any information betBonanza may ask you to add, etc. This includes your first and last name, maiden name, email, gender, date of birth, address, phone number, etc. If you provide us any additional information, we may collect it as well.
- Records of Correspondence.
We will collect and store information contained in any correspondence between you and us via online contact forms, website live chat, emails, phone calls, WhatsApp messages or any other available communication source.
- Activity Details.
We record and store the information about your activity on betBonanza website and how you use our services, including but not limited to the details of bets, gaming, deposits you make, bonuses used, promotions, game session duration, your visits to the website, traffic data, location data, weblogs, information and communication on the Website. This information may be collected by a third-party website analytics service provider on our behalf and/or by using cookies. For more information regarding cookies read our Cookies policy below.
- Payment information.
In order to provide you with secure and sufficient services, betBonanza may collect and record your payment information, such as your deposits, withdrawals, credit/debit card details and bank account details.
- Device information.
For the security and efficiency reasons, betBonanza may collect specific types of connection details and information about the devices you use, software or hardware that may identify you, such as: device’s unique identifiers, IP address, geo-location data, etc.
- Information from third-parties.
betBonanza may collect information about you from third-parties that we work with for the purposes of delivering to you a secure, efficient and legal services, and verify your identity and prevent fraudulent or illegal activities.
- GENERAL PRINCIPLES FOR PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA betBonanza is committed to maintaining the principles in the NDPA regarding the processing of Personal Data. To demonstrate this commitment as well as our aim of creating a positive privacy culture within betBonanza, betBonanza adheres to the following basic principles relating to the processing of Personal Data:
- Lawfulness, Fairness and Transparency:
- Data Accuracy:
- shall ensure that any data it collects and/or processes is accurate and not misleading in a way that could be harmful to the Data Subject;
- will make efforts to keep Personal Data updated where reasonable and applicable; and
- will make timely efforts to correct or erase Personal Data when inaccuracies are discovered.
- Purpose Limitation:
- Data Minimization:
- betBonanza limits Personal Data collection and usage to data that is relevant, adequate, and absolutely necessary for carrying out the purpose for which the data is processed.
- betBonanza will evaluate whether and to what extent the processing of personal data is necessary and where the purpose allows, anonymized data must be used.
- Integrity and Confidentiality
- betBonanza shall establish adequate controls in order to protect the integrity and confidentiality of Personal Data, both in digital and physical format and to prevent personal data from being accidentally or deliberately compromised.
- Personal data of Data Subjects must be protected from unauthorized viewing or access and from unauthorized changes to ensure that it is reliable and correct.
- Any personal data processing undertaken by an employee who has not been authorized to carry such out as part of their legitimate duties is un-authorized.
- Employees may have access to Personal Data only as is appropriate for the type and scope of the task in question and are forbidden to use Personal Data for their own private or commercial purposes or to disclose them to unauthorized persons, or to make them available in any other way.
- Human Resources Department must inform employees at the start of the employment relationship about the obligation to maintain personal data privacy. This obligation shall remain in force even after employment has ended.
- Personal Data Retention All personal information shall be retained, stored and destroyed by betBonanza in line with relevant Legislative and Regulatory Guidelines. For all Personal Data and records obtained, used and stored within the Company, betBonanza shall perform periodical reviews of the data retained to confirm the accuracy, purpose, validity and requirement to retain.
- To the extent permitted by applicable laws and without prejudice to betBonanza’s Retention Policy, the length of storage of Personal Data shall, amongst other things, be determined by:
- betBonanza demonstrates accountability in line with the NDPA obligations by monitoring and continuously improving data privacy practices within betBonanza.
- Any individual or employee who breaches this Policy may be subject to internal disciplinary action (up to and including termination of their employment); and may also face civil or criminal liability if their action violates the law.
- YOUR CHOICES & OBLIGATIONS
- betBonanza demonstrates accountability in line with the NDPA obligations by monitoring and continuously improving data privacy practices within betBonanza.
- betBonanza is taking all reasonable steps to ensure that any information that we collect from you is correct and verified.
- You are entitled to see the personal data we hold about you in your betting account “My Account” section. Moreover, you may ask us to make any necessary changes to ensure that your personal data is accurate and kept up to date.
- DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
- betBonanza considers Personal Data as confidential and as such must be adequately protected from unauthorized use and/or disclosure. betBonanza will ensure that the Data Subjects are provided with adequate information regarding the use of their Personal Data as well as acquire their respective Consent, where necessary.
- betBonanza shall display a simple and conspicuous notice (Privacy Notice) on any medium through which Personal Data is being collected or processed. The following information must be considered for inclusion in the Privacy Notice, as appropriate in distinct circumstances in order to ensure fair and transparent processing:
- Description of collectible Personal Data
- Purposes for which Personal Data is collected, used and disclosed
- What constitutes Data Subject’s Consent
- Purpose for the collection of Personal Data
- The technical methods used to collect and store the information
- Available remedies in the event of violation of the Policy and the timeframe for remedy.
- Adequate information in order to initiate the process of exercising their privacy rights, such as access to, rectification and deletion of Personal Data
- PURPOSE AND CATEGORY OF DATA COLLECTED AND PROCESSED
- Registration Details - we may collect and store all and any information you provide to us when you register and open an account with us, including but not limited to, the information you provide betBonanza for verifying your identity, any information you might update or change later after registration, any information betBonanza may ask you to add, etc. This includes your first and last name, maiden name, email, gender, date of birth, address, phone number, etc. If you provide us any additional information, we may collect it as well.
- Records of Correspondence - we will collect and store information contained in any correspondence between you and us via online contact forms, website live chat, emails, phone calls, WhatsApp messages or any other available communication source
- Activity Details - We record and store the information about your activity on betBonanza website and how you use our services, including but not limited to the details of bets, gaming, deposits you make, bonuses used, promotions, game session duration, your visits to the website, traffic data, location data, weblogs, information and communication on the Website. This information may be collected by a third-party website analytics service provider on our behalf and/or by using cookies. For more information regarding cookies read our Cookies policy below.
- Payment Information - in order to provide you with secure and sufficient services, betBonanza may collect and record your payment information, such as your deposits, withdrawals, credit/debit card details and bank account details.
- Device Information - for the security and efficiency reasons, betBonanza may collect specific types of connection details and information about the devices you use, software or hardware that may identify you, such as: device’s unique identifiers, IP address, geo-location data, etc.
- Information from Third-parties - betBonanza may collect information about you from third-parties that we work with for the purposes of delivering to you a secure, efficient and legal services, and verify your identity and prevent fraudulent or illegal activities.
- Communication data (e.g. name, telephone, e-mail, address, IP address);
- Key contract data (contractual relationship, product or contractual interest);
- Customer history;
- Contract billing and payments data;
- Planning and control data;
- Movement data;
- Disclosed information (from third parties);
- Employee and prospective employee data collected for recruitment and onboarding purpose
- The following are methods adopted by betBonanza in the collection and storage of personal data:
- Web analysis tools;
- CCTV recordings;
- Contractual Agreement etc.
- LEGAL GROUNDS FOR PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA In line with the provisions of the NDPA, processing of Personal Data by betBonanza shall be lawful if at least one of the following applies:
- the Data Subject has given Consent to the processing of his/her Personal Data for one or more specific purposes;
- the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the Data Subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the Data Subject prior to entering into a contract;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which betBonanza is subject;
- processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the Data Subject or of another natural person, and
- processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in exercise of official public mandate vested in betBonanza.
- CONSENT Where processing of Personal Data is based on consent, betBonanza shall obtain the requisite consent of Data Subjects at the time of collection of Personal Data. In this regard, betBonanza will ensure:
- by clicking on the “unsubscribe” in your subscribed e-mails or other communication forms and selecting the category you do not wish to receive;
- by managing your cookies. For more information on cookies please read our cookies policy.
- Object processing. In some jurisdictions, applicable law may entitle you to require betBonanza not to process your personal information for certain specific purposes (including profiling) where such processing is based on legitimate interest. If you object to such processing betBonanza will no longer process your personal information for these purposes unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for such processing or such processing is required for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- Valid Consent
- For Consent to be valid, it must be given voluntarily by an appropriately informed Data Subject. In line with regulatory requirements, Consent cannot be implied. Silence, pre-ticked boxes or inactivity does not constitute Consent under the NDPA.
- Consent in respect of Sensitive Personal Data must be explicit. A tick of the box would not suffice.
- Consent of Minors
- DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS All individuals who are the subject of Personal Data held by betBonanza are entitled to the following rights:
- Right to request for and access their Personal Data collected and stored. Where data is held electronically in a structured form, such as in a Database, the Data Subject has a right to receive that data in a common electronic format;
- Right to information on their personal data collected and stored;
- Right to objection or request for restriction;
- Right to object to automated decision making;
- Right to request rectification and modification of their data which betBonanza keeps;
- Right to request for deletion of their data, except as restricted by law or betBonanza’s statutory obligations;
- Right to request the movement of data from betBonanza to a Third Party; this is the right to the portability of data; and
- Right to object to, and to request that betBonanza restricts the processing of their information except as required by law or betBonanza’s statutory obligations
- TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA Third Party Processor within Nigeria:
- Third-parties that betBonanza works with and have an appropriate agreement with, for delivering to you secure, efficient and legal services;
- Third-parties of applicable governmental and/or regulatory authorities. betBonanza may also disclose your personal data with regulatory bodies if there is a suspect that you may be involved in a breach of the rules of betBonanza or governing laws and regulations. Those regulatory bodies may then use your personal information to investigate and act on any such breaches in accordance with their procedures;
- Third-parties that you have consented to sharing your information with.
- Where Personal Data is to be transferred to a country outside Nigeria, betBonanza shall put adequate measures in place to ensure the security of such Personal Data. In particular, betBonanza shall, among other things, conduct a detailed assessment of whether the said country is on the National Information Technology Development Agency (NDPC)) White List of Countries with adequate data protection laws.
- Transfer of Personal Data out of Nigeria would be in accordance with the provisions of the NDPA. betBonanza will therefore only transfer Personal Data out of Nigeria on one of the following conditions:
- The consent of the Data Subject has been obtained;
- The transfer is necessary for the performance of a contract between betBonanza and the Data Subject or implementation of pre-contractual measures taken at the Data Subject’s request;
- The transfer is necessary to conclude a contract between betBonanza and a third party in the interest of the Data Subject betBonanza;
- The transfer is necessary for reason of public interest
- The transfer is for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims
- The transfer is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the Data Subjects or other persons, where the Data Subject is physically or legally incapable of giving consent.
- Provided, in all circumstances, that the Data Subject has been manifestly made to understand through clear warnings of the specific principle(s) of data protection that are likely to be violated in the event of transfer to a third country, this proviso shall not apply to any instance where the Data Subject is answerable in duly established legal action for any civil or criminal claim in a third country.
- betBonanza will take all necessary steps to ensure that the Personal Data is transmitted in a safe and secure manner. Details of the protection given to your information when it is transferred outside Nigeria shall be provided to you upon request.
- Where the recipient country is not on the White List and none of the conditions stipulated in Section 8.2.2 of this Policy is met, betBonanza will engage with NDPC and the Office of the Honourable Attorney General of the Federation (HAGF) for approval with respect to such transfer.
- DATA SECURITY
- All Personal Data must be kept securely and should not be stored any longer than necessary. betBonanza will ensure that appropriate measures are employed against unauthorized access, accidental loss, damage and destruction to data. This includes the use of password-encrypted databases for digital storage and locked cabinets for those using paper form.
- To ensure security of Personal Data, betBonanza will, among other things, implement the following appropriate technical controls:
- Industry-accepted hardening standards, for workstations, servers, and databases;
- Full disk software encryption on all corporate workstation/laptops operating systems drives storing Personal and Personal/Sensitive Data;
- Encryption at rest including key management of key databases;
- Enable Security Audit Logging across all systems managing Personal Data;
- Restrict the use of removable media such as USB flash, disk drives;
- Anonymization techniques on testing environments; and
- Physical access control where Personal Data are stored in hardcopy.
- CHANGES TO THE POLICY
- SECURITY POLICY betBonanza understands that keeping your information secured is vital. Therefore, we work on improving appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of the betBonanza provided services, systems and processes. This helps us protect the information we have against misuse and also ensures the continuity of the services we provide. However, this does not mean that our systems are immune to problems. If you detect any problems, we would appreciate if you let us know by contacting our customer support [email protected] or our Data Protection Officer [email protected].
- How We Keep Your information Safe? All information transmitted online is encrypted using advanced logarithm combinations. All communication between you and betBonanza is encrypted to the maximum strength supported by your browser using 256 Bit SSL encryption.
- How You Can Protect Your Data? Few things on how to keep your account secured:
- Sharing: never share your online account and its login details with anyone. You should not share your account details with anybody, and it is not allowed to use accounts of other persons, even if such other person would give you his or her account details, and even if this person would be your family member or a friend. Do not disclose any personal information about your account including password to anyone – even people who claim to be from customer service or security. Keep in mind that betBonanza will never ask you for your password. Moreover, please keep in mind that sharing account is strictly forbidden as described in General T&Cs.
- Protect Your Password: do not use the same password for your betBonanza account as such passwords that you use anywhere else online. Your password should be difficult to guess, therefore avoid including in it your name, address, other words associated with you, or common words.
- Use Strong Password: create a password that is not as random or easily decipher as possible, but which you can still remember. It is recommended to have at least 2 or 3 symbols/characters in your password; to have mixture of lower and upper case letters, numbers and symbols, and try to avoid dictionary words. Don't use numbers or combinations of numbers that are associated with you or personally identifiable information at all or even part of your password.
- Regularly Change Passwords: we recommend to change your password regularly, especially if there is any doubt at all that it may have been compromised.
- Writing Passwords Down: do not write down your password or save it on your computer or mobile device. A note with password left near your computer is "akin to leaving your keys in your car".
- Unlocked Devices: do not leave your computer or mobile phone unlocked. It can take only few seconds for someone to use your device and get the information they could use for further malicious activities. Be careful, as all it takes is a single mishap where your device slips out of your pocket, and your data could get in the hands of someone who will use it maliciously.
- Same Passwords: do not use the same passwords for your devices and betBonanza or other accounts.
- Saving Passing Passwords in Browser: don't save passwords in your browser, especially if you use shared computer. The practice of 'remembering passwords' in browsers is a dangerous practice. If someone would gain access to your computer or mobile device, they would be able to easily access any accounts for which you have stored login details in your browser.
- Anti-Virus Update: keep your anti-virus software updated at all times. Have a good anti-virus protection software and do periodic scans for spyware, avoid clicking on suspicious email links or websites.
- Other Updates: keep your operating system, browser, and plugins updated. These updates contain critical security patches that will protect your computer or mobile device from the most recently discovered threats. If you don’t install these updates, your computer/mobile device could be at risk.
- Firewall Security: make sure your firewall is secure. Firewalls help in blocking dangerous programs, viruses or spyware before they infiltrate in your system.
- Use of Public Computers: avoid logging in to your betBonanza account on public computers – e.g. in internet cafes, libraries etc.
- Use of Public Wifi: avoid transactions on public Wi-Fi. Using public hotspots involves security compromises. It is easy for other users to intercept your data, therefore be careful about what information you send while connected.
- Secure Wifi: secure your Wi-Fi network at home or workplace. It's always recommended to protect your wireless network with a password. This prevents unauthorized individuals within proximity to hijack your wireless network. Even if they're just attempting to get free Wi-Fi access, you don't want to inadvertently share private information with other people who use your network without permission.
- Look for Key Markers: betBonanza relies on universally accepted security protocol HTTPS (Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Secure) to protect users and keep their transactions secure. Therefore, our website link address will start with https instead of http or www, and our website will show a green marker in the browser URL. Always check carefully the name of sender for emails you receive, before clicking on any attachment or links sent to you. Most malware attacks are sent through bogus email IDs.
- Has Your Account been compromised? Your account may have been compromised if:
- Changes have been made to your account details that you didn't make, such as your e-mail, home address or phone number.
- There has been activity in your account that was not done by you, e.g. deposits or withdrawals, or bets placed.
- You have received an email notification of a password change, which you have not requested.
- What is a Cookie? Cookie is a very small file consisting of a string of characters. It is sent to your internet browser when you visit a website, or an app. Cookies are used to store and receive identifiers and other information on computers, phones, and other devices. You can reset your internet browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some website functions or services may not work properly without cookies. Cookies have an important role. Without them, using the internet would be a frustrating experience. Cookies cannot harm your device as they are non-executable and cannot be used to install malware.
- To enable you to use and access our website and the payment services.
- To enable, facilitate and streamline the functioning of and your access to betBonanza.
- To better understand how you navigate through and interact with the website and to improve the services we provide to you.
- To show you content that is more relevant and interesting to you.
- To monitor and analyse the performance, operation, and effectiveness of our website and betBonanza advertisements.
- To enforce legal agreements.
- For fraud detection, prevention and investigations.
- For purposes of our own customer support, analytics, research, product development and regulatory compliance.
- Necessary cookies: These cookies are required to enable website functionalities, ensuring it works as you would expect when you enter the website.
- Performance cookies: These cookies are used for managing the Website. They help us to know how visitors are using each page, which pages are more popular. They also tell us which pages are not working so we can improve the website. Without these cookies, online advertisements you see will be less relevant to you and your interests. Although these cookies and similar technologies can track your visits to other websites, they do not usually know who you are.
- Your choices Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose and modify your browser setting to accept or decline cookies by visiting the Help section of your browser’s toolbar. Your mobile device may allow you to control cookies through its settings function. Refer to your device manufacturer for instructions and more information. If you are not sure about the Cookies or you need more information about them, we recommend you visit allaboutcookies.org. This will enable you to access instruction on managing the Cookies. Keep in mind that we are not responsible for the content of external websites and by disabling cookies you will not be able to enjoy all the features of our website. Please note that if you do not allow betBonanza to store Necessary Cookies on your system, you will not be able to use our services. It is vital to our system to work properly.
- WEB ANALYSIS TOOLS We use some web analysis tools, including Google Analytics: Google Analytics
Personal Data must be processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner at all times. This implies that Personal Data collected and processed by or on behalf of betBonanza must be in accordance with the specific, legitimate and lawful purpose consented to by the Data Subject, save where the processing is otherwise allowed by law or within other legal grounds recognized in the NDPA.
Personal Data must be accurate and kept up-to-date. In this regard, betBonanza:
betBonanza collects Personal Data only for the purposes identified in the appropriate betBonanza Privacy Notice or any other relevant document or based on any other non – written communication (where applicable), provided to the Data Subject and for which Consent has been obtained. Such Personal Data cannot be reused for another purpose that is incompatible with the original purpose, except a new Consent is obtained.
(a) the contract terms agreed between betBonanza and the Data Subject or as long as it is needed for the purpose for which it was obtained; or
(b) whether the transaction or relationship has statutory implication or a required retention period; or
(c) an express request for deletion by the Data Subject; except where such Data Subject is under an investigation or under a subsisting contract which may require further processing or where the data relates to criminal records; or
(d) whether betBonanza has another lawful basis for retaining that information beyond the period for which it is necessary to serve the original purpose.
Notwithstanding the foregoing and pursuant to the NDPA, betBonanza shall be entitled to retain and process Personal Data for archiving, scientific research, historical research or statistical purposes for public interest. Generally, betBonanza will retain information for not more than 10 years after closure of your account. In certain circumstances betBonanza may retain some of your information indefinitely (e.g. information that is needed for complying with responsible gambling and self-exclusion). All necessary steps will be taken to ensure that the privacy of your information is guaranteed and maintained upon disposal. It is important to highlight that betBonanza does not accept individuals under the age of 18, and we do not knowingly record or retain any information from such individuals. If betBonanza detects that the customer is underage, we will confiscate any winnings and return deposit or remaining balance, and we will take reasonable measures to promptly close any relevant accounts and remove any records where possible, except such information that will allow us to identify and prevent future access from such individuals. betBonanza would forthwith delete Personal Data in betBonanza’s possession where such Personal Data is no longer required by betBonanza or in line with betBonanza’s Retention Policy, provided no law or regulation being in force requires betBonanza to retain such Personal Data.
We will only collect and use your Personal data if we have obtained your prior consent or have a lawful basis do so. You are at liberty to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting the Data Protection Officer at [email protected]. The following are data collected and processed by betBonanza:
a) that the specific purpose of collection is made known to the Data Subject and the Consent is requested in a clear and plain language;
b) that the Consent is freely given by the Data Subject and obtained without fraud, coercion or undue influence;
c) that the Consent is sufficiently distinct from other matters to which the Data Subject has agreed;
d) that the Consent is explicitly provided in an affirmative manner;
e) that Consent is obtained for each purpose of Personal Data collection and processing;
f) that it is clearly communicated to and understood by Data Subjects that they can update, manage or withdraw their Consent at any time; and
g) You can manage or withdraw your consents:
The Consents of minors (under the age of 18) will always be protected and obtained from minor’s representatives in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements.
betBonanza may engage the services of third parties in order to process the Personal Data of Data Subjects collected by the Company. The processing by such third parties shall be governed by a written contract with betBonanza to ensure adequate protection and security measures are put in place by the third party for the protection of Personal Data in accordance with the terms of this Policy and the NDPA.
We may share your personal data or other information for the following reasons:
betBonanza works with payment service providers. Your details are recorded by the payment provider companies we use and stored for the payment process.
betBonanza reserves the right to change, amend or alter this Policy at any point in time. If we amend this Policy, we will provide you with the updated version.
Since you register or log-in, all information sent to and from betBonanza website is encrypted using 256-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) software. This system ensures that all the information provided by you while using betBonanza website (such as your personal data) is automatically protected. The private information of our customers is secured using GoDaddy SSL Certificates.
Moreover, betBonanza follows internal fraud prevention procedures and has advanced systems for detection and prevention of suspicious or illegal activities. We will suspend and investigate any account involved in suspicious activity. If you have any doubts that your account has been compromised (e.g. unusual changes in the balance or an email notification of a password change that has not been requested by you), please change your password for your betBonanza account and contact betBonanza customer support immediately.
Our used cookies are separated into these categories:
Google Analytics is a digital analytical software owned by Google LLC which we use to help us understand how visitors to our websites use our sites, in order for us to improve your experience and our services to you. Google Analytics do this by using your HTTP request, Browser/system information and cookies to collect files and information from your device and analyzing them. For more information on how google collects and analyze your data please visit “How Google uses data when you use our partners' sites or apps", located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
Google Analytics also collects Internet Protocol (IP) addresses to provide and protect the security of the service, and to give us the geographical location which maybe country, state, or city in the world form which you visit our site. The information google collects does not include personally identifiable information. By using our website, you have agreed to the collection and processing of your data as stated above and the purpose thereof. You may as a matter of choice disable cookies or delete any individual cookie, however, you may be unable to access full functionality of our website.