FOOTBALL BETTING TIPS FOR THIS WEEK
The UCL as well as other European cup competitions return this week and we are super excited. Accompanying the return of these competitions is our Bulls tip. Get ready to smile to the bank as we bring you predictions from Super Eagles legend Daniel Amokachi.
MANCHESTER UNITED VS BRIGHTON PREDICTION
It appears the resurgence expected with the appointment of Ralf Rangnick has not panned out the way it should, as Man United have drawn their last three matches and another stalemate could be on the cards against a Brighton side which are quite a dicey side to face. It is worthy to note that Graham Potter's side haven't lost in 7 Premier League games and can claim a point at Old Trafford.
- Man United are undefeated in 11 of their last 12 matches (Premier League).
- Man United have drawn their last 3 matches 1-1 (all competitions).
- Brighton are undefeated in their last 7 matches (Premier League).
- Brighton are undefeated in 14 of their last 16 away matches (all competitions).
- Brighton have drawn 3 of their last 4 matches (Premier League).
- Brighton have seen under 2.5 goals in 12 of their last 13 matches (Premier League).
Man United have an 18-3 advantage against Brighton in 26 meetings with five draws. United have won the last six matches against Brighton in a row.
Manchester United struggles in front of goal continue, precisely recording three straight 1-1 draw.
Brighton on their end returned to winning ways with a 2-0 victory over struggling Watford on Saturday with a goal in each half.
Left-back Alex Telles is available following Covid and could return to the starting line-up, but midfielder Fred remains out.
Defender Eric Bailly and midfielder Nemanja Matic are both injured, while forward Edinson Cavani remains a doubt for this clash.
For the Seagulls, Defender Jeremy Sarmiento and midfielder Enock Mwepu are the only two absentees for Brighton.
With Manchester United’s dire need of a win, we predict a victory for Ralf Rangnick’s side and possibly a goal for Cristiano Ronaldo.
WEST BROM VS BLACKBURN PREDICTION
Steve Bruce will want a reaction at home after tasting defeat in his first game as West Brom boss. Blackburn’s stuttering form has seen them drop out of the automatic promotion places and a tight draw is predicted
- West Brom are winless in 8 of their last 9 matches in all competitions.
- West Brom have failed to score in their last 3 league matches.
- West Brom are unbeaten in their last 3 matches against Blackburn in the Championship.
- Blackburn are winless in their last 3 league games.
- Blackburn have failed to score in their last 3 away matches in the league.
Blackburn have a 53 to 46 advantage against West Brom in 130 meetings with 31 draws.
Defensive pair Kyle Bartley and Kean Bryan and striker Daryl Dike are unavailable due to injury also Midfielder Jake Livermore is suspended.
For Blackburn, Defenders Harry Pickering, Tayo Edun and Bradley Dack are ruled out.
Midfielder Ian Poveda-Ocampo is also unavailable due to injury, while defender Darragh Lenihan is suspended.
West Brom should tighten up at home under Steve Bruce after a dreadful run of form. Blackburn are also in poor form and a cagey draw is predicted in the Midlands.
INTER MILAN VS LIVERPOOL PREDICTION
Both sides are set to clash for the first time since Liverpool’s triumph in the 2007/08 Champions league season. In four head-to-head encounters between the two sides, Liverpool holds the advantage, having won three games and losing one.
- Liverpool haven’t lost in 9 matches, including 4 away games
- Jurgen Klopp’s side have won their last six games
- Inter have only lost once in their last 11 games.
- Edin Dzeko has missed the most big chances in this season’s UCL
- Liverpool have the best shot per match in this season’s Champions League (7.5)
- TEAM NEWS:
Inter will be without the service of the reliable Alessandro Bastoni and forward Joaquin Correa. While inform Midfielder Nicolo Barella remains suspended. This game also appears to be too soon for former Atalanta wing-back Robin Gosens
Liverpool on the other hand are still without the service of Belgian Divock Origi.
With the recent struggle of Inter Milan on the continent coupled with the return of Liverpool’s talismans Mo Salah and Sadio Mane, we predict a victory for Jurgen Klopp’s side.
SPORTING CP VS MANCHESTER CITY PREDICTION
Man City have won 11 of their last 12 matches and have plenty of goal to show in those victories.
- Sporting CP are undefeated their last 5 matches in all competitions.
- Sporting CP have seen over 3.5 goals in their last 4 UCL matches Champions League.
- Man City have won 11 of their last 12 matches in all competitions.
- Man City have won by 2+ goals in their last 3 games.
Both clubs met in the 2011/12 Europa League Round of 16. Sporting CP won 1-0 at home with a 3-2 defeat in Manchester sending them through on away goals.
Sporting had three players sent off against Porto but they are all available here.
Pedro Porro could return at right back to face his parent club. While attacking midfielder Pedro Goncalves remains a doubt.
For City, Right-back Kyle Walker is suspended, while attacking midfielder Jack Grealish is doubtful.
Sporting CP were no match for Ajax in the group stage and Man City are a stronger proposition. We back the Premier League leaders to wrap things up really quick.
HATAYSPOR VS GOZTEPE PREDICTIONS
Hatayspor have seen over 3.5 goals with regularity in recent weeks. Goztepe can play their part in a potential high-scoring match in Turkey.
- Hatayspor have lost their last 2 matches in all competitions.
- Hatayspor have seen over 3.5 goals in 4 of their last 5 league matches.
- Goztepe have seen over 2.5 goals in 4 of their last 5 league matches.
- Goztepe have won 4 of their last 5 league matches.
Goztepe have an 8-3 advantage against Hatayspor with 2 draws in 13 matches.
Center-back Fatih Kurucuk is suspended with Simon Falette set to start. While both Adama Noss Traore and Burak Çamoglu are injured.
Goztepe have Adis Jahovic, Oussama Tannane and Murat Paluli injured and Dino Arslanagic, as well as Nigerian Obinna Nwobodo, suspended.
Hatayspor have been involved in plenty of high-scoring matches in recent weeks which can continue against Goztepe.
PSG VS REAL MADRID PREDICTION
Carlo Ancelotti’s Real Madrid are being haunted by a familiar ghost, one that has hovered since the departure of 5-time Balon’dor winner Cristiano Ronaldo. The 13-time UCL winners struggle in front of goal have continued, and an injury to talisman Karim Benzema all but aggravates the situation. Coupled with the fact they have to find a way to stop PSG’s trio of Lionel Messi, Kylian Mbappé and Neymar, I can assure you that Carlo Ancelotti is not a man to envy currently.
- PSG have won 16 of their last 18 home matches in all competitions.
- PSG have kept clean sheets in their last 5 home matches.
- PSG have won their last 3 home matches in the Champions League).
- Real Madrid have failed to score in 2 of their last 3 away matches against PSG.
- Real Madrid have failed to score in 2 of their last 3 matches in all competitions.
Real Madrid have a 4-3 advantage against PSG with 3 draws in 10 matches.
PSG will be without former Real Madrid Captain Sergio Ramos and forward Neymar are doubtful, but the Brazilian forward is expected to play a part.
For Real Madrid, lack of goals in recent weeks have seen Sevilla close the gap on them at the top of the table
Left-back Ferland Mendy and striker Karim Benzema who hasn’t played in 3 weeks are doubtful.
PSG are very strong at home where they won all three matches in the group stage, including a 2-0 win against Manchester City.
With Real Madrid struggling to score and Karim Benzema under an injury cloud, we tip PSG to win this battle.
BARCELONA VS NAPOLI PREDICTION
Napoli will do battle on Thursday as time edges closer to their imminent Europa League tie against Barcelona. Barcelona find themselves in the unfamiliar Europa League for the first time since the 2003/04 season. They have had a recent resurgence of form and are unbeaten in their last eight league matches.
Napoli on the other hand are on a great run of results and are unbeaten in their last four matches which includes a 1-1 in their last match against Serie A champions Inter Milan. They are now in third place in the league just two points behind leaders AC Milan.
For Barcelona, Memphis Depay, Álex Balde, Clément Lenglet, Ansu Fati, Sergi Roberto and Samuel Umtiti won’t be available due to injuries.
Napoli boss Luciano Spalletti has to currently contend with reduced team options, as Stanislav Lobotka (Thigh Muscle Strain), Axel Tuanzebe (Lumbago) and Hirving Lozano (Shoulder Injury) are all out of this tie.
We’re going for a hard-fought contest, finishing with a win for Napoli.
SALZBURG VS BAYERN MUNICH PREDICTION
The six-time champions brushed aside with ease teams in their group and will hope their impressive form in the UCL continues. However, if the defeat against Bundesliga strugglers VFL Bochum is anything to go by, RB Salzburg then stands a chance.
RB Salzburg are without key players like Bernado, Junuzovic and Koita for this clash. Also doubtful are Adamu, Sesko and Seiwald.
For Bayern Munich, Captain Manuel Neuer, Alphonso Davies, Jamal Musiala and Goretzka are all set to miss this clash due to injuries.
Though Austrian champions RB Salzburg have been impressive lately especially in the UCL, we tip Bayern Munich to wrap up the victory easily.
Disclaimer: These predictions are subject to a dependent variable hence, outcomes are not a 100% guarantee