Why Salah could pip Kane to the EPL golden boot

2021-05-21 News

Thumb 700 320 salah kane 25zko4y1aoil143hzb40c6v99j

The EPL is ending, and lots of teams have begun to reassess their gains and their losses. League Champions City have already secured a spot in next season’s Champions League, alongside rivals Man United, who will not finish lower than second. For teams like City and Leicester, it could well have been a successful season with silverware to show. But for others like Arsenal, Liverpool, and Spurs, it was a disappointing one. Their fate will be decided on the last day of the season. But it’s not just the teams that have it all to play for on the last day of the season. 

The players are also getting set for a final battle this Sunday. For Harry Kane and Mohammed Salah, the EPL Golden Boot is a prize that must be won. Tied at 22 goals apiece this Sunday will be a battle royale as both players will be doing all they can to win the most prestigious individual award in the league.

England captain Harry Kane will hope to wrap up a hat-trick of Golden Boot awards in what could be his final game for Spurs. The Spurs frontman has so far scored 7 goals on the final day of the Premier League season - only Andrew Cole (9), Les Ferdinand (9) and Matthew le Tissier (8) have scored more. Sunday could yet be another good day for him. Salah, on the other hand, has already won 2 Golden Boots, scoring 32 goals in 2017/18 season – a new season record. He then shared the award with Mane and Aubameyang in 2018-19 with 22 goals apiece. Salah just needs to score 3 goals to reach 100 premier league goals. If he could pull magic against Crystal Palace, he will have reached that landmark during Liverpool’s final game, which will also increase his chances of beating Kane to the Golden Boot. Kane is level with Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah on 22 goals - four ahead of nearest rival Bruno Fernandes of Manchester United. As well as scoring 22 times, the Spurs forward has assisted 13 goals - one more than Fernandes and two more than Manchester City's Kevin de Bruyne. Both Kane and Salah have scored 3 times in their last 5 appearances. Liverpool is playing an easier opponent - C. Palace. Spurs are playing much harder opponent, Leicester. With the current form of Liverpool, it should be an easy game for Klopp and a hard game for Tottenham. That is why betBonanza has given Salah a 55% chance of winning the Golden Boot, while Kane has a 45% chance.

This will be a close battle. The best way to go is to bet on the game and see how it pans out...

 

Register Now!